New changes and features for Version 9.6 (updated 3/29/17):
+ While in “Icon” mode, an option to copy an existing icon is available when right-clicking on an existing icon.
+ The monster/npc info dialog now shows the monster type (or npc class) in the dialog title.
Fixed bugs in v9.6:
– Tile properties dialog would crash if there was no reverse side bitmap defined for the tile.
– Tile Manifest report would report usage of the same tile multiple times if it was duplicated on the map.
New changes and features for Version 9.5 (updated 5/23/16):
+ Added a ‘Notes’ tab on the NPC/Monster dialog. These notes will be saved along with the monster information.
+ Map icons can now snap to grid as an option for placement. Switch between snap and free form placement is available under the Program Options (from the Options menu)
+ Tile usage is tracked by page by default now, so that the full collection of tiles can be used on a new map page. Separate pages can use the same tile without restriction to the number physically owned. To track by map file (all pages) turn off “Reset tile statistics by page” in the Program Options dialog.
+ Added a feature where tiles can be highlighted when the mouse moves over them in the map window. This can be turned on/off in the program options.
+ Added a button in the NPC/Monster dialog to roll for hit points listed in the hit dice section.
+ Added skills list (acrobatics, arcana, insight, etc.) to the 5th edition monser/npc entry dialog.
+ Added red highlighting for legendary actions. The highlighting is performed using a ^ character.
+ Add spell attack DC and save DC to monster information dialog.
Fixed bugs in v9.5:
– When opening a room xml file (double clicking on an icon), pymapper could lose track of the folder where the xml file was located.
– Adjusted positioning of icons inside map grids.
– Right-Click menu for adding icons is disabled when 5E data is not loaded.
– Fixed the DnD 5E import update dialog. Previously, it did not resize, or show the loading of files correctly.
– Pathfinder/3.5 NPC Generator would crash when trying to create an NPC. (NPC_Record not referenced in srd.py)
– The tile panel now responds to being resized by arranging the tiles so that the user only needs to scroll up and down to see the available tiles
– The toolbar button used to change between limited and unlimted tile usage was not updated correctly from the .ini file.
– Drawing points did not reference the correct map page, causing a crash
– Filename for automatic backups was not set correctly according to OS used (windows vs. linux vs. OSX)
– Fixed calculation errors in the dice roller logic. Open the dice roller (CTRL+D) for information on the format to use.
– Added a field for ‘Proficiency Bonus’ in the 5th edition monster/npc entry dialog.
– Corrected entries for Air, Water, and Fire Elemental, Ancient Black and White dragons, and creatures with legendary actions in the 5E xml data files.
– Fixed the 5E monster dialogs to show legendary actions (with new highlighting). Actions and Legendary actions are on separate tabs.
– In the room editor, the hotkeys for bold, italic, and underline would cause a crash of the program
– In the room editor, the text line spacing would cause a crash if changed from single spacing.
– 5E NPC editor did not correctly save the NPC class information (this was broken in version 9.4)
– The 5E entry for “Black Pudding” did not have the reaction entry for “Split”
New Features for Version 9.4 (updated 12/17/15):
+ Pymapper can now update the fog-of-war map image to a webpage. See the fog-of-war tutorial for more details.
+ FTP Settings are saved to disk, if the checkbox is checked; otherwise they need to be entered each session on pymapper.
+ Customizable images for icons on the map. These images are stored in the new /tokens/ folder where pymapper is installed.
+ Automatic tileset creation. Pymapper will automatically create a tileset when the tiles are placed in a special folder in the /tiles/ folder. The folder must be named based on the resolution of the images. If the image is 100 pixels per square, then the folder would be named ‘100__px’. Note that there are TWO underscore characters in this folder name.
+ NPC icons now have the size attribute (small, medium, large, etc) so that the icon display changes based on the NPC size.
+ New menu items and keyboard shortcuts are available to update the secondary map viewer (used for projectors and second monitors). Use Ctrl+W to update the fog image to the web, and Ctrl+Y to update to the secondary viewer only.
+ Allow user to choose whether to load only PF/d20 or DnD 5th source material (or both).
+ In the Monster hover dialog (when you hold the mouse over a monster icon), the HP button now shows the hit dice used to recalculate the hit points.
+ Fog of war dialog now has tools to bring up the secondary viewport, and to update the image for the viewport and online as well.
And some bugfixes as well:
– NPC icons added to the map now show the NPC icon (character holding a sword) instead of the generic dragon head icon
– Under linux (and potentially MacOS), tilesets would not be read due to the path being interpreted as absolute instead of relative during os.path.join() operations.
– In the fog-of-war module, some of the tool bitmaps were not assigned correctly, causing a crash.
Changes for Version 9.3 (updated 11/18/15):
+ In the NPC dialog, you can now double-click on the Cantrips entry (in the spellcaster window) in order to specify how many are known.
+ Name labels for room/monster icons can now be shown on the map(with a toggle to replace hover labels)
+ Monster conditions can be changed on the monster hover dialog. When there is a condition, a colored box will show under the name label. The colors for the conditions (stunned, invisible, paralyzed, etc) can be changed by selecting “View Monster Condition Colors” from the View menu.
+ User specified names can now be set on monster/npc icons (copies of the same monster used to show the same name; allows for renaming to Orc 1, Orc 2, etc)
+ Added a right click menu option for adding monster/npc icons directly (to bypass needing to use the IconFrame)
+ Icons shown on map corresponds to monster size (medium, large, huge, etc –> 1×1, 2×2, 3×3, etc)
+ Added ‘CR’ value to monster info hover dialog.
+ Added ‘Turned’ to the conditions list in the monster info hover dialog.
– Drawing items did not appear in the correct place when exporting images
– Toggle button for icon labels is now synchronized with the menu option.
– Display grid toolbar button did not correctly display grid when changing pages
– Trait information (resistances, vulnerabilities, etc) did not display properly in the 5E monster dialog.
– Exporting the map image to a jpg/png did not correctly scale the tile images.
– Tile images did not scale properly after loading a new map.
– Monster hover dialog (for 5E monsters and npc) did not have the correct tooltip under the -10 and -20 HP buttons.
– Old map files (version 2.4 and older) could crash pymapper upon opening. No map page was created, pymapper tried to assign tiles to a null map page.
Changes for Version 9.2:
+ Added a ‘copy current’ monster to Monsters dialog to ease creation of similar monsters.
+ Change add columns/rows function to decide direction of additions
+ Added a progress update bar to the 5E Monster dialog (to show when data has been updated to the database)
+ Change 5E spells dialog to modeless operation
+ Added a ‘-20 hp’ button to the monster information dialog for those really lucky hits.
Bugs that have been fixed:
– Icons on inactive pages are no longer detected the mouse hovers over their location.
– Double click on the NPC spell list did not remove the spell from the list.
– 5E NPC editor did not correctly save the NPC class information (always defaulted to Barbarian)
– 5E NPC editor would crash if an NPC was saved without spell information, and then the NPC was later changed to be a spellcaster.
– 5E NPC trait and skill information was not correctly saved to the xml file.
– 5E NPC editor does not increment the UniqueID of the NPC when saving to the xml file.
– Making a copy of a monster should change the name of the monster to MonsterName (copy) and update the master list accordingly
– Dim 5E dungeon menu items if resources are not loaded.
What’s new in Version 9.1:
+ Updated the look and functionality of the icon editor.
+ The size of the icon display on the map can be changed to represent large creatures, or areas of effect, etc.
+ Display hover information for traps (similar to what is available for monsters).
+ Add basic rules monsters to 5E data.
+ Add basic rules spells to 5E data.
+ Added spell support to NPC/Monster info hover dialog.
+ Bonds, Flaws, and Ideals can be saved for NPC records.
+ The NPC and Monster hover dialogs remember the size of the window if it was changed.
Other bugs and corrections have been fixed:
– Going back to the background registration dialog would lose the filename of the background image, if one was already loaded. This caused the file to save without the image name the next time it was saved.
– Fifth Edition NPC icons did not remember changes to the HP total.
– Using the arrow keys to move or rotate tiles on the map window does not cause the window view to scroll.
– Background color coding on monsters (green->yellow->orange->red->black based on HP) updates after HP has changed, and not only on a general refresh
– Tiles did not correctly display on the first refresh after loading the map.
– NPC records are stored in their own list apart from monsters list
– Using the same NPC on two different icons referenced the same NPC. Stats were not copied into a new record for the second NPC
– Fog of war functionality was broken with the updates in version 9.0 (pymapper tried to reference the index instead of the page name)
– Changed handling of folders to improve performance between Windows and Mac/Linux OS differences (use of ‘\’ vs ‘/’ in paths)
– 5E Monster/NPC editor does not delete monster records.
Here are various ideas and features that I’m considering for pymapper. Have a better idea? Want to move something to a higher priority? Let me know! 🙂
- A saved map should only import the tiles needed for the map, not every tileset loaded at the time of saving.
- Text annotations to go on their own level.
- Hovertile preview to show both sides of a tile, enlarged.
- Import to current page, with the ability to select the import square (ie, offset the top left square of the new map)
- Rotate an entire map at the same time.
- Links on pages to jump to a different page
- Add a quantity indicator to the number of tilesets used in the tileset manifest
- Change the move up/move down to affect the immediate order location, not just the global list
- Right click in tile window to change from single side display to dual side display.
- Tileset creation by specifying resolution of source images
- Different sized geomorphs